Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 Send TopicPrint
Normal Topic Updates to the Library. (Read 25225 times)
Administrator
Forum Administrator

Updates to the Library.
01/11/09 at 23:42:01
Print Post  
A tread to track updates to the library:

1) I've added the ability to add comments to the entries in the library.  Allowing the community to add comments, corrections, alternate opinions to the trails listed.

2) New entries to the library via the entry screens now allow the uploading of GPS track and waypoint files.  This allows sharing of the tracks, as well the track will automatically generate a map for the report being entered.  

Going forward with the entry script I'm going to enhance what is there, make it less brittle, and more user friendly.   It is good enough now that I use it.   Feel free to give it a go.  If you are testing it use "test" as the first bit in the title.

you can use http://ww2.trailcafe.com:8020/forms/reportEntryPartI.html  to get to the entry screen

admin
IP Logged

Administrator
Forum Administrator

Re: Updates to the Library.
Reply #1 - 11/14/09 at 06:23:36
Print Post  
I've been updating the report entry script. New functionality is limited to using the time stamp in photos (jpg anyways) to correlate the time,and hence the location each photo was taken. The script then adds an icon to the google map generated from the up loaded gps data

otherwise I've limited changes to code clean up, And minor Tweaks to the user interface.

I now consider this to be a fairly useful script for entering trip reports.

« Last Edit: 12/10/09 at 05:17:48 by Administrator »  

admin
IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send TopicPrint